Application to Participate in Chowan University’s Tuition Exchange Program (TEP)

Chowan University (Home School) participates in three exchange programs to give faculty and staff the opportunity to send their dependent children to a college or university other than Chowan University. While similar to Tuition Remission, Tuition Exchange is limited by the other college or university’s (Host School) ability to accept imported students. Completion of this form alerts Chowan University Financial Aid Office to your request to be a Tuition Exchange EXPORT. This application is not a guarantee of benefits. The Host (receiving) institution grants or denies tuition exchange, based on admissions criteria, space available, and timing (first-come, first-serve). Faculty or staff who wish to use one of the tuition exchange programs to attend a college/university other than Chowan University should complete this form and send it to the Financial Aid Office. 

Tuition Exchange is limited to undergraduate work, up to 8 total semesters or whichever comes first. Tuition exchange does not apply to graduate-level enrollment or study abroad programs. 


Please include the college/university, street address, city, state, and zip code.
Ex: 2020-2021
Please attach a copy of the Acceptance letter(s).
Files must be less than 15 MB.
Allowed file types: gif jpg jpeg png txt pdf doc docx.

I certify that all of the above information is true to the best of my knowledge. I understand that the completion of this form in no way guarantees receipt of a TEP Scholarship but only the right to apply for the scholarship. I understand that selection for a TEP Scholarship is based on guidelines listed in the Chowan University staff handbook and the guidelines of the Host Institution. I understand the TEP scholarship is for one academic year only and I must reapply for the TEP for each academic year to be considered. It is also my responsibility to inform the TEP Liaison Officer at CU if my student withdrawals or does not return to the TEP college/university within an academic year. 

By submitting this document, I certify the above.