Student Mailing Numbers
All resident and international students are assigned a Campus Box #. Your Campus Box # is important information for you to know because this number will be used to receive and sort your mail. To locate your campus box # you can log in to MyCU, select the student tab, and select the campus box # link that is located on this tab.
If you need further assistance locating your campus box# you can request it in person during business hours at the mailroom or anytime through your campus email to email@example.com, responses will be sent during normal business hours.
Receiving Mail and Packages
Mail or packages must include the individual’s whole name and campus box number assigned if you are a student and department name if you are a faculty or staff member.
|Student Example||Faculty/Staff Example|
Student First and Last Name
Faculty and Staff First and Last Name
*Mail or packages not addressed correctly cannot be received and may be returned to sender.
Be sure your friends and family know your mailing address. Student’s first and last name and campus box number MUST be included as listed in the address example shown. Items without the student’s name or campus box number, or with the wrong name or box number, may not be delivered or returned to the sender.
Student Procedures for picking up mail and packages
All correctly addressed mail received by the University will be available for pick-up once it has been scanned into our package notification system Pitney Bowes. When you have a package or mail available for pick-up an email notification is sent to you from the following address:
If you are expecting a package and have not received a notification from Chowan Mail Room - firstname.lastname@example.org please check your junk email to ensure that the email was not routed there.
Once you receive the notification you will need to come to Campus Mail facilities and be prepared to present your valid Hawks card to pick up your item(s).
If you receive mail or a package that is not addressed to you, please return it promptly to Mail Services.
Delegating Others to Pick up Your Mail/Package
You are responsible for getting your own mail and packages. However, in rare instances, if due to an illness or unforeseen circumstance that prohibits you from coming to the mail counter yourself, you can authorize another individual to pick it up by sending an email to email@example.com with the tracking number of the package/mail you need to be picked up and the name of the person designated to pick up your package. Individuals picking up mail will need to present a valid ID to obtain your mail or package.
Picking your Mail and Package up in a timely manner
Mail and packages should be picked up promptly. Once your receive notification from Chowan Mail Room - firstname.lastname@example.org you will have 14 days to pick up your items. If you are not able to pick up these items within 14 days you will need to contact a member of the campus mail team to make further accommodations for your items. Items without accommodations that have not been picked up within 14 days will be returned to the sender. You will continue to receive emails daily about your package receipt until it is returned for failure to pick up or make arrangements for delivery.
Packages that are considered perishable will be held for 24-48 hours before being discarded. Your notification from Chowan Mail Room - email@example.com will alert you that your package content is perishable.
Sending Mail & Packages
Mail and packages can be sent through campus mail during normal business hours. You can ship packages using either USPS or UPS. Shipping supplies such as boxes, and padded envelopes are available for free but you will be charged for any postage needed. Our campus mail employees can walk you through the best way to ship your package. Cash is accepted in the mailroom and you may pay with a card in the business office.
United States Post Office, UPS, and Fed-ex courier Drop-offs
- USPS delivers Chowan University to Campus Mail once daily Monday thru Friday 10:00 AM thru 1:00 PM. United States Post Office mail and packages are first routed through the town of Murfreesboro Post Office before coming to the University. * When your shipper has confirmed delivery but you have not received confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up in Campus Mail. This is usually because companies alert you when your package has been delivered to the Murfreesboro Post office and not campus. We also receive a lot of mail and packages over the course of a day so time for processing is needed. You will receive an email notification from us once the package is ready for pickup.
- Fed-ex Express usually arrives at campus Mail Monday thru Friday between 2:00 PM and 4:30 PM to drop off university packages.
- Fed-ex Ground usually arrives Monday thru Friday between 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM to drop off university packages.
- UPS arrives Monday thru Friday between 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM to drop off university packages.
There are several things to keep in mind when shipping items overnight:
- USPS Mail/Packages: All USPS mail and packages are first routed through the Town of Murfreesboro Post Office before coming to the University. Our couriers pick up and drop off mail throughout the day but if your overnight package arrives at the Town of Murfreesboro Post Office after 3:30 pm, we may miss it until the next day.
- If you need to have something shipped overnight, we recommend shipping via overnight services offered by FedEx or UPS. Both of these vendors deliver directly to our mail processing center so the chances of your package getting here on time is greater.
- Mail Services Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00. If your overnight package is delivered when we are not open, your student won’t be able to get the package until the next business day. This includes Sunday deliveries.
Updating Your Shipping Address
If you are not going to be staying at Chowan for the summer, or for other times when you may need to change your address such as graduation, you will need to update your address directly with any businesses such as AMAZON banks, credit cards, cell phone providers, magazine subscriptions, etc. Please be sure to enter and verify your correct shipping address for any online purchases. Any mail or packages received for students who are not on campus during the summer will be returned to sender unless other accommodations have been verified through an employee of Campus Mail.